I thought we were watching Scooby-doo

When all else fails, call for help!

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Champs of the hard court


The Greenville Gus Macker was an all-day event yesterday that 3 of my friends (Tim, Joel, and Joe (in that order in the pic with coach Ty in the middle) and I got to participate in for free! One of the hotels I work for, the Comfort Suites of Comstock Park, sponsored part of the tournament, so the macker let them have a team. They even made shirts for us to play in! We played in the next to top men's division and came out with a 5-0 record to win the gold All-World 2006 Gus Macker trophies! It was some decent competition and we had some close games, but the four of us made it happen. We had a great coach as well, Ty, who came all the way from Big Rapids, on his birthday, to give us a few pep talks and strategies. After the last victory, we could think of no better way to celebrate a championship than to head to the local Dairy Queen and get the biggest ice cream cone they make! Thanks Pete and Comfort Suites for making it happen--we represented!

4 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Nice blog, bro!

The scooby doo thing must be an inside joke, eh? Well, I laughed anyway!!! :)

Your Big "Chinese" Sis

9:43 PM  
Blogger danlanning said...

It was the first quote I thought of...from Mr. Deeds...I wasn't sure what I was writing for at the time.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

So I could have sworn it was a humdinger and not a gus smacker. What do us southerners know?!?!

Congrats on the win--

5:20 PM  
Blogger danlanning said...

you could say it was a humdinger of a gus macker! :)

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home