I thought we were watching Scooby-doo

When all else fails, call for help!

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Becoming southern....

So, I'm becoming southern.

I landed a job working for Nascar.
No, I have never watched more than 3 minutes at a time of a race.
No, I only know the #8 and #24 cars.
No, my soon-to-be wife doesn't like it.

But I'll be doing maintenance on the buildings that Michael Waltrip and Dale Jarret work in and their visitor's center.

I guess you can begin to call me redneck.

In addition, I've learned a few southern phrases this weekend:
"I'm fixin' to do that" - in the north we say fixin' in relation to work getting done, not future work.
"You mind well?" - i guess it's asking if i listen/obey well, from what i'm told.
"I might could" - still haven't figured that one out.
"Going 90 to nothin" - i guess it means going non-stop.

We'll have to see if I adapt many--or any--of these phrases.

But, i will adapt the love for the sun and warm weather....even though i know ya'll have put the fear in me about the summer heat.

9 days till the wedding! Candice and i can't wait!

5 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Ha ha! You are hilARious! :) (add a Southern drawl when you say that word...it sounds funnier)

I'm so excited about your job! It will be fun to learn about NASCAR through you.

And all I can say is that the summer heat will just prepare you for Taiwan! Yay! So, when are you coming? :)

4:04 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

What a stitch! Now you'll have to get into collard greens and grits...and you'll be a true southern boy! PTL for a great job...we'll have to add NASCAR into our vocabulary now!

9:04 AM  
Blogger Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

Ever heard of a shotgun wedding???

(wink wink)

11:32 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Hi Ya All! Pretty good for a Cornhusker!

Congrats on your new job. It's a great organization to be in. My Dad was a huge fan of NASCAR!

Wait till you go to your first race. UNBELIEVABLE!

GENTLEMEN, START YOUR ENGINES!

9:25 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Daniel, I know you will take good care of my girl! Congrats to you this weekend. Have a blast! And see about getting me introduced to the #9 car driver...that's the only one you should be worring with...well and I guess MW. He's pretty ok too! I like that guy a lot! HAVE A BLAST!!!

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home