I thought we were watching Scooby-doo

When all else fails, call for help!

Friday, July 14, 2006

The Bus


(as i was to ride the bus this morning, i thought of this poem. maybe someday i'll be a writer.)



Waiting for the bus to come,
A family sits with me.
"A lovely day to be outside."
I say, "I must agree!"

Though a lower class of people ride,
They all seem very kind.
Some smiles as I walk the bus--
This ride I will not mind.

The driver enjoys a friendly laugh;
A rider--a distant stare.
We pass the first of many stops--
I ride without a care.

Apartments, houses, and stores I see--
My stop is drawing near.
A new rider with a question asks,
"Can I reach the mall from here?"

I pass my car--it's in the shop,
That's why I ride the bus.
I'm thankful it is getting fixed--
Though it has caused quite a fuss.

The bus is getting full by now;
The highway just ahead.
Just one more stop till I get off--
I'll walk the rest instead.

And so I finish this bus ride
With a few more coming soon.
I will ride again tomorrow, too--
Until then I'll hum a tune.


dan
02/02/06

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home