I thought we were watching Scooby-doo

When all else fails, call for help!

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

I got a brand new....


My friend, Whitley, came up for the weekend from NC. We met in Chicago with 2 of my friends, Joel and Sharon, and saw some sights (Lincoln Park Zoo, Wrigley Field, Magnificent Mile) and ate some great food (Gino's East). Unfortunately, Whitley's luggage didn't make it to the baggage claim, so she ended up going without for almost 2 days (fortunately, Sharon had a few things). And even then, only one piece showed up. The other is still missing--so we're still praying. Not once did I see Whitley get upset or bent out of shape--it was educating to observe her kindness toward others while they were trying to find her luggage.
We then went to Grand Haven to see Lake Michigan because Whitley had never seen. She and I headed out Saturday night and, after walking the pier, wading in the lake, and grabbing a dinner, we finally had "the talk" and she consented to begin dating!! Yea!! Neither of us is over-excited to do a long-distance relationship, but we are excited about the plans that God has for us--both individually and together--and where He will take our relationship.
On Sunday/Monday, we made it to Gull Lake where we met up with my family and had a great time catching up, eating, attending a service, and being at the beach. The saddest part was driving Whitley to the airport and seeing her go back home.
I'll have some pictures up sometime this week when my girlfriend :) sends me some. She is an unbelievably wonderful godly woman (the kindest girl you'll ever meet) and I feel privileged to even know her--let alone begin dating.

Whitley just sent me a picture, so here it is. She's so great!

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I don't even know you, (hopefully that will change soon) but I already love you!!!! (i hope that's ok to say in this situation, haha) I am so happy for my girl, Whitley and I am so excited to see what God does w/ you two! Be blessed, SHE IS AWESOME!!!

-Kym (from NC)

7:50 PM  
Blogger danlanning said...

whitley has spoken of you, so i'm sure i will have the pleasure of meeting you soon. she's good about inspiring people to blog, isn't she?--my whole family just started.

8:00 AM  
Blogger Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

*blushing*

What a sweet post--you made it way easy for me to have the lost luggage...thanks for your help on that.... I think the last one will be found eventually...hopefully sooner than later.

Have fun shopping for your iPod today....!

8:17 AM  
Blogger Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

oh...and kym...i'll pay you for that post later *wink wink*

8:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

whit-no pymt necessary...i'll get the right elements to clone ol' dan lanning and we'll call it even! haha! They don't make 'em like that anymore! Lucky girl! :-) Dan-looking forward to meeting you!

12:37 PM  
Blogger danlanning said...

kym--whit didn't tell you i have a twin brother?

1:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

well what kind of time are we wasting!!! haha!

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home