I thought we were watching Scooby-doo

When all else fails, call for help!

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Ultimate Plumbing

I had the opportunity to play ultimate frisbee last night at Johnson Park with about 15 people and I must admit it was pretty fun. I think it's really only the 2nd time I've ever played, but it took me back to my elementary days when we used to play football. Losers walk, the big "kickoff", speed can really change the game, strategy. I can't throw a straight frisbee to save my life, but catching, running, and defense are fortunately part of the game as well. So my team went 2-2 and we didn't play a 5th cause people were tired and it's not so much about winning with them--or so it seemed. I've got to practice up for when I'm down visiting Whitley because she's really good (so I hear, anyway).

The Himes house update is that I finished running the plumbing for the washer/dryer combo-- and there were no leaks (though I did get quite a bit of water in the wash/mud room because I forgot to shut the valve off when I turned the water supply back on--oh, well, it was only concrete. I couldn't figure out where the running water sound was coming from cause the basement was dry). It's always a good day when water is contained.

This picture is from before we reframed the wash/mud room. We had to eliminate steps and pour concrete to make for a bigger room. Isn't it a beautiful house?

5 Comments:

Blogger Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

yay for finishing the plumbing....! you'll be finished before you know it...

and ummm...Candice has mad backhand "frisbee throwing skills"....do you doubt me? ;)

10:10 AM  
Blogger danlanning said...

i don't doubt you, whitley....i just want to see the skills at work. :) the forehand skills are what i really want to see!

11:18 AM  
Blogger Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

ummm...then candice is definitely going to have to practice the forehand....

2:40 PM  
Blogger danlanning said...

candice is a natural at anything.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Rachel likes talking in the first person, too!

hee hee :)

Rachel cracks herself up!!!

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home