I thought we were watching Scooby-doo

When all else fails, call for help!

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

A paralyzing afternoon

I came home from work yesterday to do some soffit around my house when I started to get a headache. The longer I worked, the more the headache pounded on my skull. After about a half hour of pain, I went inside to lay down.

And lay down I did!

I proceeded to fall asleep for the rest of the day and night, except for a few phone calls to and from Candice, and a solid throw up session. Yuk!

It's amazing to me how something so small as a headache can totally paralyze your body. All I could do was lay in bed, sleep, and try to put down a few liquids. It's also amazing that, under these conditions, the body can continue to sleep (I slept like 13 hours yesterday!).

Thankfully, with the help of Candice playing nurse over the phone, I awoke this morning feeling much better and just a touch weak (but I guess that's expected).



And Candice was able to come up for Thanksgiving and it was a fantastic time.....I hate taking her to the airport. But if you want to read more about that, you can go to her link. She writes well.

5 Comments:

Blogger Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

I am SO glad that you are feeling better....just take it easy...for a few days.

I feel so helpless when you are sick far away...but we have less than 3 months...and that won't be the case!

Love you.

1:12 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Okay, do we have a new set up on your blog?

Sounds like you had a migrain headache. OUCH!

It was so much fun to spend TG Day with you and finally get to meet that lovely lady of yours. So excited for you both.

Keep feeling better.

3:29 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Soooo sorry you were sick! So thankful you are feeling better!
Praying you'll be just FINE again!
Love you!

6:17 PM  
Blogger Jason and Liz said...

So sorry you were sick!!

O.k., I just wrote that line and then noticed Mom wrote the same thing with a few more oooo's!

8:06 PM  
Blogger Ben and Rebekah said...

Oh, man! Throwing up is just about the worst! I'm so thankful you're feeling better.

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home