I thought we were watching Scooby-doo

When all else fails, call for help!

Monday, November 20, 2006

She said 'Yes' -- Part II

For the past few weeks I had been keeping a secret from the woman I love and so I had to keep it a secret from most people as well---but now Candice and I can make it official. We became engaged to be married on Friday! Yay! I was able to surprise Candice and fly down that day for the proposing. And she was definitely surprised (though the cat came out of the bag that morning when we talked since I was very much away and driving to the airport...). And she definitely said 'Yes' when I was on one knee! I'm sure if you check her blog, she will give better details than I could ever give...she's great like that! She is the woman I want to love for the rest of my life and God has been so good to the two of us already that I know He will continue to bless us as me move thru this life together! Unfortunately, I could only stay with her for about a day, but she will be coming up this week for Thanksgiving to my parent's house, so that will be fantastic! I am such a blessed man to be marrying an amazing woman in Candice!

7 Comments:

Blogger Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

awww. you are too kind with your words. *blushing* i mean..you even missed the Ohio State vs. Michigan game for me, now that's love.

I love you too...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODAY!!!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

We are so excited for you and Candice...another daughter for us!
We'll be praying for you as you get ready for the wedding, but mostly for a lifetime of love together! :)

11:56 AM  
Blogger danlanning said...

candice, i'd skip anything for you.

2:24 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Congratulations Daniel! This is such wonderful news. I have to tell you, tho, that when I heard you were flying out there just for the day, I had the funniest feeling...can't wait to see you Thursday and meet this wonderful lady in your life.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, too!

3:46 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Dan, we're so excited for you and Candice! Dan and Can Lanning. Have you said that fast several times? It has a nice ring to it! :) Anyway, I've been blabbing to everyone here that you're engaged and that I'm going back to America in March for a WEDDING! Hurrah!

9:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

as I see, Happy Birthday's are in line...so Happy Birthday. AND CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so happy for you two! She's a good girl, you are a lucky man...and I know she's a pretty lucky gal as well!!! Congrats, Dan! Blessings!!!

10:42 AM  
Blogger Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

i heart you.

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home