I thought we were watching Scooby-doo

When all else fails, call for help!

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Siding and themes...

My roommate, Tim, and I were able to finally buy our siding yesterday! What a great feeling to know that our house will once again look like a normal house soon (at least from the exterior). We got an almond color with a darker sand feel to it--and got a pretty good deal on it. I was already able to start putting j-channel up around the windows yesterday and finished 6 of the 9. If it would only stop raining this weekend, much more progress could be made.

I've noticed a typical theme throughout my blog as I look back at some of my posts. I talk about two main themes.....the lovely Candice (shown on the right--isn't she fantastic?) and my house. An occasional note about my family, my faith, or entertainment makes it up, but hopefully those who check out my blog don't mind my postings. I guess those are the two big events in my life right now--and I like it.

Here's something new for you....I've been reading from the book of Ecclesiastes of late, and I learned that the word means "preacher." The first few chapters speak largely about the foolishness and futility of most all personal strivings in life--everything is like a blowing of the wind. We should concentrate more on consecrating the vigor of our life to God and building His kingdom rather than our own. Solomon, the typically accredited author, says he's tried it all and hasn't found true joy or satisfaction in things of this world. I wish it was easier to merely accept his words and learn from his teaching, rather than often making the same mistakes and laboring in vein for such temporal things. Constantly having the mindset of God first instead of me can only help to begin cultivating a genuine satisfaction for this life.

4 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

Great pic of you two. Don't ever change your style of your blog. I've learned so much of who you are from reading it. Thanks for sharing!

11:45 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

I love that picture! Can't wait to come on Monday and help with siding the house...well really, I'll probably just be the encourager, and make lots of food to keep you all going! But every workbee needs a cook! :)
We are excited to see how your relationship with Candice is growing....we love talking about it too! :)

12:11 PM  
Blogger danlanning said...

i'll keep the style...and look forward to good food monday!

12:14 PM  
Blogger Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

I am so glad that you and your family got SO much accomplished on Sunday...it's so nice that Joe, Tim & Molly helped as well. You are right...3 can accomplish so much more than one! YAY! :) Miss you.

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home