I thought we were watching Scooby-doo

When all else fails, call for help!

Friday, September 08, 2006

Good Country

It's always enjoyable to see how couples interact when visiting a hotel. Since I work at one, I often get to see them as they are eating breakfast, swimming, or just walking down the hall. This morning I saw a couple in their late 50's getting breakfast. It was neat to see them pray together-outloud-before they ate. And as they were talking and eating, you could just sense the love they had for each other. I know I've been blessed with great role models in this capacity--such as my parents--to know that love doesn't have to ever be lost. That it can be new and refreshing each day. In the beginning, love (or other actions) begins a lot with a choice, but soon becomes more of a lifestyle/reality that becomes stronger over time.

I got to see Jake Owen in concert last night. He's an up-and-coming country music star and he was downtown in a free open-air concert. You'll have to check out his music sometime. He's got the Keith Urban look (except with black hair) and a solid band--there's even a steel guitar player. Here's a couple of his songs I like:
Yee Haw
You Can Thank Dixie
Hard Not to Love You
Something about a Woman

4 Comments:

Blogger Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

country music. hmmm. it's growing on me :)...glad you had a great time! i think outdoor concerts are the best for sure...esp. when the weather is just right.

i have to say ditto on being thankful for parents who were wonderful examples for me too.

4:14 PM  
Blogger danlanning said...

just let that growth continue :)

8:01 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Daniel, you are wise beyond your years. You definitely had wonderful role models. I think I've even learned a thing or two from them. I'm over that 50 something plus and I pray that my actions with Mr. L. have been a blessing to someone. You just never know who may be watching.

Hey, Country Music is hip! I like that "Yee Haw" one, too.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

never heard of Jake Owen, but his name sounds like a country singer! :)

Over here, everyone is fascinated with people like RAIN...you know, the Korean pop-star...okay, so you probably don't know him...

Or how about Jay Chou? No? Haven't heard of him either? :)

He's the Asian Justin Timberlake.

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home