I thought we were watching Scooby-doo

When all else fails, call for help!

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Intentional removal


This afternoon I get to travel with 5 friends to Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore in the upper peninsula of Michigan for some camping, hiking, and swimming for 2 days. It stretches for about 4o miles along Lake Superior and has cliffs of up to 200 feet. I borrowed this picture from the web, but I've got to believe this is the type of scenery I'll have the opportunity to see.

So many times I get used to the commonplace of where I live--all the man-made buildings and road systems and venues of a city, that I forget there are incredible places of beauty within a few hours of where I live that are undeveloped and left to their natural habitat. It reminds me that our God is extremely creative and beautiful, and He designed these desolate places for our enjoyment and for His praise and glory. I'm also excited to intentionally remove myself from the fast-paced lifestyle I grow so accustomed to and slow down for a bit and spend extended time with my God.

Psalm 24:1 says "The earth is the Lord's and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it. "

3 Comments:

Blogger Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

I felt the exact same way when I went to Hawaii. Everywhere I looked I was reminded just how creatvie God is...and how much attention he gives to the details. I would definitely have to say that's comforting. If he pays that much attention to something that cannot sing his praises....just think about the time he invests on the details for our own lives.

Great thoughts....have fun Daniel!

2:40 PM  
Blogger Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

*oops I spelled creative wrong (and I have good math skills....) you sure got a smart one ;).

2:41 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

I can't wait to see your pictures and hear all about your trip! What an artist our God is!

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home