I thought we were watching Scooby-doo

When all else fails, call for help!

Saturday, August 26, 2006

One month plus


On Friday I got a package in the mail from my wonderful girlfriend, Candice, celebrating our one month anniversary! She bought me the first season of The Office, my favorite tv show that airs on NBC. You wouldn't believe the smile on this boy's face. I've considered buying the first season dvd but hadn't gotten around to it, but now I don't need to. I called my buddy Joel up right away and told him the good news, so we made provisions to watch 4 of the 6 episodes last night. What a great time. I have to say thanks to Ben and Joel for introducing it to me when I was in South Carolina (amazingly enough, I met Candice that same weekend). What a sweet and thoughtful girlfriend--I could ask for nothing more!

In regards to the house, I've been putting in some good hours this week getting ready for siding. I bought 3 new windows for the west side of the house, so I reframed the jambs, took all the old siding off, and put in the new windows. So about 1/2 of the house is totally ready for siding! Hopefully in the next two weeks. I'll hopefully have a picture up soon when I can get ahold of Tim's digital.

Also this week, I was able to make it home to see my grandma, who was in town from Ohio. She looks great and is still able to get around pretty well. It's always a blessing to go home, see the parents, have some good homecooked food, and see my grandma.

And today, Josh and Amy are getting married! Josh and I went to college together and I have nothing but good things to say about the man he is. They are going to be moving out to New York after their honeymoon, so they are pretty excited about that!

6 Comments:

Blogger Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

Glad you liked it...be sure to watch them all before I get there ;)!

Have fun at the wedding....!

1:36 PM  
Blogger Ben and Rebekah said...

How fun about the DVD!

Your house report sounds great...I'll look forward to seeing pics!

2:09 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

I love that picture of you two! Looks just perfect!:)
It was so great to have you here...if you want more home cookin'...stop in SOON!

3:39 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Hey, can we borrow those DVD's when you're done with them? It would be great to watch something besides Larry King Live on CNN! :)

happy one-month anniverary, Dan and Candice!!!

9:43 PM  
Blogger danlanning said...

look at all these comments! rach--you can totally borrow the dvd--it's funny stuff!

8:07 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Happy 1 month! What an exciting time for you two. Love the picture! What cuties. Good picture of the new one Candice put on her blog, too. I think "Office" won some Grammy's last night??? Love going to your Mom's house for good food, too!

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home