I thought we were watching Scooby-doo

When all else fails, call for help!

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Can't I stay?

I really didn't want to come back to Michigan on Monday night. I was in Charlotte visiting my girl, Candice, and it was a great weekend. If you've read her blog, you know kinda what we did, but her friends were great, we ate some great southern food (chick-fil-a for the first time), i saw her church, we went to columbia to see ben and rebekah and joel and lisa, and lamented on monday that i had to leave. It was very encouraging to be there over the weekend. In some strange way, I think at times that the long-distance dating is helpful because when visiting, you have the opportunity to be with the other person for virtually 100 hours straight (minus the sleeping part :)). I'm able to see Candice at all points of the day, for a few consecutive days, versus only seeing her for a few hours at night here and there. I think it may help (though I haven't done a specific study) in being able to see the true person a little better and quicker. When you're with someone all day long, not everything can be a date....and being able to find interest and enjoyment out of the more regular things in life helps heighten the relationship.

On a side note, Candice's mom came thru her surgery great yesterday....I know she would thank you all for your prayers. It's a decent road to recovery, but she was feeling pretty good yesterday afterwards and will be fully healed in no time.

4 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

Welcome back safe & sound Daniel. We're looking forward to meeting this remarkable person in your life now. Long distance relationships do have its pros & cons but it sounds like you have the right attitude about it all. How well I know how hard it is to leave.

11:23 AM  
Blogger Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

thanks for the heads up about mom's surgery...i haven't had time to blog about it yet...

so true...your blog that is....i couldn't agree with you more ;)!

7:53 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Hey, Dan-o! I'm all for long-distance relationships, as the constant "dating" can get old...know what I mean? So when you don't see the person every day, you make your "together time" much more meaningful. At least that's how it worked with Matt and me! And we learned a ton about each other through e-mail, phone calls, etc.

So way to have a good attitude about this! :)

10:40 PM  
Blogger Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

Daniel- pix are up...go here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/92034865@N00/sets/72157594241383086/

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home