I thought we were watching Scooby-doo

When all else fails, call for help!

Thursday, September 21, 2006

All these new things!

On Tuesday afternoon, Rebekah and Ben (on the left in the picture with Jason and Liz on the right)had their baby boy, Brock Benjamin! He is a perfect baby with 10 fingers and toes and is just beautiful. So I guess that makes me an uncle once over! Candice and I will have the opportunity to see him on Saturday. I have to be honest--I haven't held a baby in many years--especially one that is only 4 days old! So I am slightly aware of this and I'm hoping he won't make too much of a fuss when I hold him. Being the youngest child and the only boy in my family caused me to not hold that many babies--but it's okay. I guess this will be that much more special.

I was working with my friend, Bill, yesterday at the Best Western and the project we were working on finished early. So we decided to head back to my house and pull the wire for my porch area. Amazingly enough, we got it all done in a few hours so that my house is virtually completely rewired. After Bill left, I had the ambition to start putting up some drywall, so there are a few new spots with drywall in my house! It's starting to really come along. I wasn't expecting to get the wiring and drywalling started for another week or so, but God had different plans! It also gets me excited to see things coming along so that I might be able to shorten the long-distance dating timeline with Candice!

Speaking of Candice (doesn't she look great in that picture? i think it's cool that she's wearing my shirt! :) ), that's what really goes thru my mind on an hourly basis. Tomorrow I get to fly down to spend a long weekend with her and I'll have the opportunity to meet her parents and brother, which I am excited about. Candice speaks so highly of all three that it will be a joy to finally meet them. But what I'm really looking forward to is spending the next 4 days with Candice!

4 Comments:

Blogger Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

you've got to take the pic of me off...i don't want people to know that i sat on a MICHIGAN blanket...*wink wink*

it will be so fun to see Brock and your fam this weekend...i think you will be JUST fine holding him too...

YAY for the headstart on your house...you work SO hard on it..and it's coming along so beautifully. I am so amazed at what you've done with it.

now if mom reads your blog today...she's going to get a big head...that i talk good about her (haha) and I wouldn't want that to happen... :)

see you tomorrow !!!!

9:59 AM  
Blogger danlanning said...

what's written is written and the picture stays....you might like u of m one of these days. ;)

1:25 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

have a wonderful time, Bro!

tell me all about it when you get back!

give little Brock a kiss for me!!!
and give Candice a hug!

(or a kiss...but not from me...from you...)

ha ha ha ha

1:00 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Just got back from the U.P. hiking. FUN! Sorry I mised you but hope you had a great time out East and seeing that nephew of yours. Great pic of Candice!! Leave it on. Her family will love you, just as we all do. :-)

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home