I thought we were watching Scooby-doo

When all else fails, call for help!

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Please permit me...

I stopped at the city building yesterday to inquire about my building permit. I had called earlier in the day to see if I could find out any information about the person who notified the city. Apparently, they don't keep track of that type of information, so I was left with the reality of paying for a permit to do siding. Fortunately, I had a nice lady to talk to who walked me thru the steps and got me the permit yesterday (the siding permit is the only one that can be acquired the same day). And it was only $60 because I will ideally be spending less than $1000 to side my house. Every additional $1000 increases the prices. And, the coolest thing about being at the city building was that I was able to inform the lady on where I was getting my siding--because she and her husband have been wanting to side, but it's been too expensive, and she couldn't believe I could do it for that cheap. So, I feel like I was able to do a good deed yesterday even though I went in somewhat frustrated. The house is now fully legal, there is a piece of paper in my window announcing my permit, and the city does not have to come out at all again! Also, thankfully I didn't need to get an electrical, structural, or plumbing permit either (as they could have wanted to do that!).

The picture attached is of the porch area where I just built the closet in the corner and raised the threshold between the living room and porch to open the space even more....I think this house gets bigger every day!

My sister, Rebekah, is having a baby today! I can't wait to hear what the name of the boy is and to see his picture! She is being induced today and was at the hospital at 5:30 this morning! I'm just waiting for a call.

4 Comments:

Blogger Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

yay for helping the nice lady at the county office.

PLEASE call me when you find out about the baby!! I'm want to make sure Rebekah's okay...and the name of that sweet bundle!

3:50 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

CONGRATULATIONS to you, Uncle Dan!
How exciting that Rebekah and Ben have a beautiful, healthy baby boy named Brock Benjamin!
It will be fun to have you in SC when we are there to see the baby!
Love you lots

9:37 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Congrats Uncle Daniel! So excited for you all. Mom had called me with the BIG news. Have a safe trip to see Candice.

9:21 PM  
Blogger danlanning said...

uncle dan...i'll have to get used to that!

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home