I thought we were watching Scooby-doo

When all else fails, call for help!

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

You can fry those?

Candice and I were able to eat at a greasy spoon called "The Penguin" on Monday afternoon and I was able to experience fried pickles for the first time. I have to admit that I'd never even heard of such a thing. They were outstanding. We don't have things like that in the North--just regular dill pickles. I know that eating many of these fried pickles aren't entirely good for the body, but Candice and I did well to finish off a big half order of them. I was also able to eat at a great place called "California Dreaming" when with her family. Their prime rib sandwich was incredible...the best prime rib i've had in a long time. Thanks to Candice's parents for treating. And how can a weekend be complete without ice cream a few times....Coldstone one afternoon and Sonic shakes the next!

On a house note, one of the two exterior doors went in yesterday (the back door) getting us that much closer to being done!

5 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

Fried pickles? THat sound so yummy! Next time we're down there, we have to try them! Congrats on getting the door on...not only are you closer to being done, you'll be warmer!!!

1:55 PM  
Blogger Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

I agree! YAY for being warmer!!!

One thing you will find out Daniel, is that we can fry ANYTHING down here! Miss you!

3:58 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Fried pickles? What a riot!
I love how Candice is so adventurous with food! She is just going to LOVE Taiwan! You have to bring her here sometime! :)

By the way...I've read about Fried Twinkies..do they have those in the South, too?

9:54 PM  
Blogger danlanning said...

fried twinkies sound disgusting....but they must be good! just as long as there is fried ice cream somewhere, i'll be fine in the south!

8:12 AM  
Blogger Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

rachel-
there are fried snickers & three musketeers (at the state fair)...and i'm pretty sure there are fried twinkies, though I've never had one.... but a fried pickle...is a must have!

daniel-
we have mexican restaurants....so never fear...fried ice cream is here!

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home