I thought we were watching Scooby-doo

When all else fails, call for help!

Friday, October 06, 2006

Another great weekend

It's another great weekend because my girl, Candice, is coming up to visit! We found a flight online for a pretty good discount, so we made an unscheduled date for this weekend! I don't know if I'll know what to do with myself when I see Candice for two weekends in a row (she comes next weekend, too!). Friday can never be a bad day when your girlfriend is coming the next day!

On another note, Joel, Tim, Ty, and I put up some more siding yesterday, so there is probably only about 120 square feet of siding left to go on the house (there was about 1000 square feet originally)! It is looking great and there has even been some progress on the drywall in the porch area. On Tuesday, I had Ty grab his truck to go pick up some drywall from the Home Depot. I realized I needed 16 sheets of it in lengths of 8', 10', and 12'. And some insulation. When we began loading his Ford Ranger, we became low-riders very quickly. I've never seen a truck sit so low in my life. The tires were beginning to drop. So, I had suggested we make two trips to make sure we wouldn't pop a tire, I went inside to put the order on will call--and this lady typed in the computer for at least 10 minutes to print out a sheet when I would have been back in 20 to pick the rest up. At the same time, Ty and I are running short on time cause basketball was starting soon. Ty came in, said let's just take the whole load, I had to wait 2 more minutes to print out a sheet saying I picked up the materials that I had never left yet, and then we prayed the whole two miles home going about 15 mph and leaning forward. It was somewhat of a nervous ride. But, thankfully we made it and the cathedral ceiling is already half done with drywall! It was quite a ghetto trip and we heard plenty of car horns!

5 Comments:

Blogger Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

yay for cheap flights!!! :) see you bright and early tomorrow.

12:05 PM  
Blogger danlanning said...

i'll be waiting with bells on!

1:06 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

How fun we get to see you both too and have lunch together in Big Rapids on Saturday....can't wait!

6:48 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Two weekends in a row? I remember the days when matt and i had to wait 6 MONTHS to see each other! :) ha ha

No, really, I'm glad it worked out to get Candice a cheap ticket! Yay! Keep us posted!

Hilarious story about your trip!! You ghetto man, you.

11:21 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Ohh, so close in getting to meet you Candice. We were with Jason & Elizabeth. Have fun you two. You gotta love those pick-ups.

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home