I thought we were watching Scooby-doo

When all else fails, call for help!

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Should I lick the floor?


Last night I went to my favorite place to buy groceries--Aldi. Not only does Aldi's have great prices on food that tastes not as good as expensive food, but they charge a quarter to use a shopping cart. So, seeing as I rarely have quarters on me and I only buy enough to fill my arms most of the time (or find a box lying around), I set off just to hold the food in my hand. I bought my usual 2 boxes of cereal, a loaf of bread, a package of cheese singles, some roast beef, and 4 personal pizzas. Usually there is a half gallon of ice cream or a gallon of milk in there, but they were on sale elsewhere. Anyway, I figured I'd treat myself with a 2 liter of apple juice. My arms were already relatively full, but I though I could hold the juice.

Not so.

As I was putting my purchases up onto the checkout belt, the apple juice slipped right through my hands and landed on the floor...and spilled all over the floor. There was an oblivious lady behind me whom I had to warn and then I looked for the closest mop and pale. Thankfully, there was one only about 20 feet away. The girl at the checkout didn't even notice until I was already moping my juice up. Thankfully, no one got wet and another worker came and finished the job. They were gracious enough to not charge me for the juice, but I didn't have the heart to go pick up another 2 liter.

The crazy thing about this whole story is that about 2 months ago I did the SAME EXACT THING! One of these days I'll learn to just find a quarter and get a cart---or else just to not buy the apple juice since it breaks when dropped from three feet off the ground.


This picture has nothing to do with the story...I just like it of Candice!

4 Comments:

Blogger Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

I love the title...hahaha. I'm just glad they didn't charge you for the juice.

8:47 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

What a hoot! Glad you weren't sprayed with the juice! We'll have apple juice here when you come...you can drink to your hearts content!

9:52 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Hey, shop at Mr. L's stores. They don't charge a quarter.

Only you Daniel...too funny!

Love the pic! And your Christmas Card, too! Got extras????? :-)

8:36 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Too funny, Dan! That SO sounds like something I'd do!!

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home