I thought we were watching Scooby-doo

When all else fails, call for help!

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Yay for Christmas!


I was able to be at my parent's home for Christmas this year, as were two of my sisters and their husbands and a baby, as well as my grandma, two aunts, and an uncle. (My uncle Jerry, Ben, and me in the picture) It was great to be with family and have a few days to relax. My time at home was bittersweet because the love of my life, Candice, and I weren't together. She was home with her parents celebrating Christmas since we saw each other last weekend.

Candice and I received the game "Blurt" for Christmas. Six of us were able to play the game on Monday night and it was quite fun. A definition is read and the first person to yell out the word for it gets to move x amount of spaces on the board....but it gets fun with Takeovers and Showdowns. We played the junior version, but the adult version looked to be a bit tougher. Regardless, it was fun to be with family and eat much more food than needed. I'm not sure how a body can consume so much food in succession, but somehow my body does.

Also, my sister, Elizabeth, and I got to shoot some baskets in the gym. She had made up a game of shooting from the corners of the free throw line and seeing how many two of could make in a minute while rebounding and replacing for each other. We made 17! And only missed 2 shots. It was quite fun. And I promise, we didn't get close to 17 every time. We played probably close to 10 rounds to get that!

Anyway, this sounds more like a journal entry than a blog. Oh well. I love Candice, and that's what it comes down to right now. And I love the family. It was a good Christmas for my last being a single man. :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

I love you too Daniel!

9:25 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

What a great time we had as a family over Christmas! It was WONDERFUL to have everyone here! Next year will be even more fun...with Candice!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

The reading of your journal was fun!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home