I thought we were watching Scooby-doo

When all else fails, call for help!

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Press play....

So last night I found a video of 2 basketball games from high school that I had played in my junior year. They were in the district final and the regional semifinal. Our team won both against two good teams. The amazing thing I noticed as I watched was how, looking back, we thought we were such good basketball players (and we had a great record....25-1), but watching film showed just how high school we were. For as much time as we spent on running plays in practice, when we got in the game, it was kindof just find the open man to shoot on your first chance. It was fun to watch. I see tendencies from high school that I still have today. I think it would have been beneficial to watch more film while in high school to visually see where I could improve--instead of always having my coach tell me. But, regardless, it was fun to watch.


Speaking of improving, I wish there were times in my life where I could videotape things that I do, say, think, and dream of. There would be much more progress made in my spiritual life, my work life, my relationships--it's easy for others to tell us where we can improve, but until we can see it in ourselves, it's tough to always trust them and change.


Yeah.


Happy New Year to all who read this blog....or for those who just like to see how many times I mention my beautiful and stunning fiance', Candice! The picture is what I wish I could be doing when 2006 hits 2007. But you know I'll be doing it when 2007 hits 2008! Yay!


Make a New Year's Resolution and stick to it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

Those games were sure exciting when you were playing, and we were cheering from the bleachers! You always made those baskets look so easy to make!
Now that 2007 is just about here, your countdown to the wedding is closer! YEAH!!
That's a great picture!

1:47 PM  
Blogger Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

you are too sweet...i miss you!

9:28 AM  
Blogger danlanning said...

sweet ismy middle name.... :)

11:08 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

What an exciting year this is going to be for you.

Daniel Sweet????? :-)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home